Thursday, January 8, 2009

Meet Miss Hadyn Lynn Cameron!

She was born December 30 (the day after my birthday) at 7:23 a.m.
She was full term at 37 weeks despite how teeny tiny she is.
She weighed 3 lbs. 10 oz. and 16 in. long!
Everything went as planned and she is doing great, she may be coming home this weekend. The reason she is so small is because she only had a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of 3 vessel. It's very rare and only occurs in about 1% of all pregnancies. Poor Jess,(my best friend and mommy of Hadyn) I swear, if something was going to go wrong or should I say just not smooth, it happened to her but at the end she got a very healthy beautiful baby girl! She went to the NICU after she was born just because she was so small and she needed to learn to eat. She has since been stepped up to another level of the NICU, where babies go that are just about to be released to go home. Jess spends about 14 hours a day at the hospital with Hadyn so she doesn't miss anything and gets to do everything a "mommy" does. Shane, her husband, spends every minute there that he is not at work and has already mastered bathing little Miss Hadyn, feeding, and changing her, things some men never master in a lifetime! So I can say with guarantee that Shane and Jess will be the greatest parents ever! I'm so happy that we can now not only continue to be the best of friends but raise our kids to be the best of friends as well!! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Shane and Jessie! I know we will have many, many family adventures and stories that I will be able to share on my blog! This picture is the day Hadyn was born. I will be posting many more pics of this little angel as we are waiting until she gets home and then Jess and I are going dress her up in different outfits with all of her cute little bows and take pictures. She's going to be our little doll, because that's exactly what she looks like and is.....A PERFECT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE DOLL!

No comments: